As a landlord, you are afforded certain rights such as the right to:
- have a contractual lease agreement;
- obtain a security deposit;
- increase rent at the start of the new lease period; and
- to evict under the proper grounds and collect past rent due.
If a tenant fails to the pay the rent, there are certain steps that a landlord must follow before you may evict. This may often be rather complex and in many instances the slightest error can lead to a dismissal of your complaint, the imposition of extraordinary fines and penalties by the Court, or both. It is essential that you discuss your rights with an experienced attorney before you proceed with an eviction.
The lawyers at Gencarelli and Rimassa Law Firm, LLC represent landlords and property owners of several large apartment complexes throughout Northern New Jersey. Our attorneys can competently and affordably represent you or your business in handling and addressing all aspects of landlord and tenant matters. Do not take any risks! Call our law office today at (201) 549-8737 for a free initial consultation in order to see how our attorneys can protect and advance your interests in all aspects of landlord and tenant matters.
Additionally, as a tenant you are also afforded certain rights such as the right to:
- against unlawful entry;
- against eviction if the proper steps were not followed;
- withhold rent if the landlord has not proceeded with immediate repairs in certain cases;
- assert your rights as to your security deposit money.
It is wise to maintain solid records of your payments as well as any written correspondence you may have with the landlord evidencing your case. All of these documents will help you in case you are ever forced to face legal proceedings.
Please call the attorneys at Gencarelli and Rimassa Law Firm, LLC at (201) 549-8737 orEmail our Attorney to schedule an appointment for a consultation.