Car Accident Lawyers in Hackensack NJ
If you’ve been involved in a car accident in Hackensack, New Jersey, it’s important to seek legal representation from experienced car accident lawyers who can protect your rights and help you navigate through the complex legal process. At Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm, we specialize in handling personal injury cases related to car accidents and have a proven track record of success.
The Most Dangerous Roads in Hackensack NJ
Hackensack is known for its busy streets and heavy traffic, which unfortunately increases the risk of car accidents. Some of the most dangerous roads in Hackensack include:
- Main Street: This road experiences high volumes of traffic throughout the day, leading to an increased likelihood of accidents.
- River Street: With its narrow lanes and limited visibility, River Street poses significant risks for drivers.
- Essex Street: This major thoroughfare often sees congestion during peak hours, making it prone to collisions.
The Most Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur due to various factors, but some common causes include:
- Distracted driving: Texting or talking on the phone while driving is a leading cause of accidents today.
- Speeding: Exceeding the speed limit reduces reaction time and increases the severity of crashes.
- Drunk driving: Operating a vehicle under the influence impairs judgment and coordination skills.
- Reckless driving: Tailgating, changing lanes without signaling, and running red lights are all forms of reckless driving that can lead to accidents.
Why Hiring an Auto Accident Lawyer is Important
After a car accident, hiring an auto accident lawyer is crucial for several reasons:
- Legal expertise: An experienced lawyer understands the complexities of personal injury law and can navigate through the legal process on your behalf.
- Evidence gathering: A skilled attorney will gather evidence such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records to build a strong case in your favor.
- Negotiation skills: Insurance companies often try to settle for less than what you deserve. A lawyer will negotiate with them to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Court representation: If your case goes to trial, having a knowledgeable attorney by your side increases your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome.
Car Insurance Requirements in New Jersey
In New Jersey, drivers are required by law to carry certain minimum amounts of car insurance coverage. These requirements include:
- Bodily Injury Liability (BIL) coverage: $15,000 per person injured in any one accident and $30,000 for all persons injured in any one accident.
- Property Damage Liability (PDL) coverage: $5,000 per accident involving property damage.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage: At least $15,000 per person per accident or up to the limits of liability purchased under BIL coverage.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM/UIM): At least $15,000 per person ($30k/$60k) for bodily injury and $5,000 for property damage.
Why Choose Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm?
When it comes to choosing a car accident lawyer in Hackensack, there are several reasons why you should consider Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm:
- Experience: Our firm has extensive experience in handling car accident cases and has successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
- Dedication: We are committed to providing personalized attention to each client, ensuring that their individual needs are met throughout the legal process.
- Expertise: Our team of skilled attorneys specializes in personal injury law and stays up-to-date with the latest developments in this field.
- Track record: We have a proven track record of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients through negotiation or litigation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
I’ve been injured in a car accident. What should I do?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, it’s important to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention immediately, even if your injuries seem minor.
- Contact the police to report the accident and obtain an official report.
- Gather evidence at the scene such as photographs, witness contact information, and insurance details of all parties involved.
- Contact an experienced auto accident lawyer who can guide you through the legal process and protect your rights.
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim after a car accident?
In New Jersey, there is generally a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim. However, it’s best to consult with an attorney as soon as possible to ensure you meet all necessary deadlines.
What if I was partially at fault for the car accident?
New Jersey follows a modified comparative negligence rule, which means that your compensation may be reduced if you are found partially at fault for the accident. However, you can still recover damages as long as you were less than 50% responsible for the crash.
Contact Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm today by calling (201) 549-8737!