Car Accident Lawyers in Oakland NJ
If you have been involved in a car accident in Oakland, New Jersey, it is crucial to seek the assistance of experienced car accident lawyers who can protect your rights and help you navigate through the legal process. At Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm, we specialize in personal injury cases, including those related to auto accidents. With our extensive knowledge and expertise, we are dedicated to providing top-notch legal representation for our clients.
The Most Dangerous Roads in Oakland NJ
Oakland, NJ has its fair share of dangerous roads where car accidents frequently occur. Some of the most hazardous roads include:
- Ramapo Valley Road: Known for its winding nature and heavy traffic congestion during peak hours.
- Pompton Avenue: A major thoroughfare with high-speed limits that often leads to reckless driving.
- Skyline Drive: Notorious for its sharp turns and lack of guardrails.
- Ramsey Road: Often congested due to commercial establishments along the route.
The Most Common Causes of Car Accidents
Understanding the common causes of car accidents can help drivers take necessary precautions on the road. Some prevalent factors contributing to car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving: Texting, talking on cell phones or engaging with other distractions while driving greatly increase accident risks.
- Speeding: Exceeding speed limits reduces reaction time and control over vehicles.
- Drunk Driving: Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol or drugs impairs judgment and coordination, leading to accidents.
- Reckless Driving: Aggressive maneuvers, tailgating, and disregarding traffic laws can result in serious collisions.
Why Hiring an Auto Accident Lawyer is Important
After a car accident, hiring an auto accident lawyer is crucial for several reasons:
- Legal Expertise: Skilled lawyers have in-depth knowledge of personal injury laws and regulations. They can navigate through complex legal processes on your behalf.
- Evidence Gathering: Lawyers gather evidence such as police reports, medical records, witness statements, and expert testimonies to build a strong case.
- Negotiation Skills: Experienced lawyers negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Litigation Representation: If needed, lawyers will represent you in court and fight for your rights during trial proceedings.
Car Insurance Requirements in New Jersey
New Jersey law mandates specific car insurance requirements that all drivers must adhere to:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: Minimum coverage of $15,000 per person injured or killed in an accident ($30,000 total if multiple people are involved).
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Minimum coverage of $5,000 for property damage caused by the insured driver’s negligence.
- PIP (Personal Injury Protection): Provides coverage for medical expenses resulting from injuries sustained in an automobile accident regardless of fault. The minimum PIP limit required is $15,000 per person per accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM/UIM): Protects you if you are involved in an accident with a driver who lacks sufficient insurance coverage.
Why Choose Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm?
When it comes to selecting the right car accident lawyer for your case, Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm stands out for several reasons:
- Experience: Our firm has years of experience handling personal injury cases, including car accidents. We have a proven track record of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients.
- Dedicated Team: Our team of highly skilled lawyers is committed to providing personalized attention and support throughout every step of your legal journey.
- Expertise: We specialize in personal injury law, focusing on auto accidents. This specialization allows us to stay updated with the latest laws and strategies related to these cases.
- Client Satisfaction: Our top priority is client satisfaction. We strive to exceed expectations by delivering exceptional legal services tailored to each client’s unique needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We understand that you may have various concerns after being involved in a car accident. Here are some frequently asked questions that can provide helpful information:
Q: How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a car accident?
A: In New Jersey, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit after a car accident is generally two years from the date of the incident. However, it’s advisable not to delay seeking legal assistance as gathering evidence promptly improves your chances of success.
Q: What if I was partially at fault for the car accident?
A: New Jersey follows comparative negligence laws, which means even if you were partially at fault for the accident, you may still be eligible for compensation. However, your award may be reduced based on the percentage of fault assigned to you.
Q: How much does it cost to hire a car accident lawyer?
A: At Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you don’t have to pay any upfront fees or out-of-pocket expenses. We only collect a fee if we successfully recover compensation for you.
Contact Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm today by calling (201) 549-8737!