Depending on the situation, some different types of personal injury can be caused by the negligence of another person, business, or governmental entity. Catastrophic injuries from accidents, dog attacks, falls, and other disasters can leave victims with significant financial losses, permanent injury, and severe impairments.
Extended hospital stays, surgeries, assistive technologies, home, vehicle modifications, and rehabilitation treatment may be required by accident victims. Some sufferers won’t be able to recover fully, which forces them to change how they live.
Your body is valuable, and no amount of money will ever compensate you for harms that restrict your freedom. This is particularly valid if your injuries lead to significant financial losses such as lost wages, medical costs, and other costs.
Contact our personal injury attorneys immediately if you or a loved one was hurt in an accident and sustained personal injuries to find out how we may help you get the maximum amount of compensation to which you may be entitled.
Personal Injury Causes
Numerous factors can result in personal harm. Although every accident could result in personal injuries, it’s important to realize that particular events or circumstances can result in particular injuries.
Some of the most frequent accidents or circumstances that our personal injury firm handles are as follows:
- Medical malpractice (i.e., surgical malpractice, birth injuries, medication errors, etc.)
- Abuse, neglect, or carelessness in nursing homes
- Accidents involving motor vehicles, such as those involving delivery vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles, commercial trucks, cars, SUVs, and other types of motor vehicle crashes, as well as pedestrian knockout accidents.
- Cases involving premises liability, such as slips and falls, trips and falls, slips and falls on ice or snow, trips and falls on pool decks, or any other form of accident that occurs on a person’s, a business’s, or an organization’s property
- Any other negligent or purposeful harm caused by accidents in New Jersey, including dog bites, animal assaults, workplace accidents, etc.
What Are the Types of Common Personal Injuries?
- Personal injury accident victims frequently suffer severe injuries due to preventable mistakes and blunders. Some of these wounds can cause death or perhaps permanent disability. We commonly see the following injuries, and we help victims pursue compensation:
- Neck or back injuries, including herniations, rips in the annulus, and another disc, nerve, or bone injuries; Amputations or limb loss that may be caused by an accident that crushes a person or irreparable damages a limb
- Traumatic brain injuries include concussions, diffuse axonal TBIs, coup-contrecoup TBIs, penetrating wounds, brain bleeds, hematomas, and other forms of brain injury.
- Burn injuries, especially when surgeries, grafts, and other damage are required; scarring or disfigurement brought on by accident or by operations or repairs to damage; paraplegia, quadriplegia, or other types of paralysis
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) – either resulting in a specific type of paralysis or due to impingement, likely spinal cord injury, or other spinal cord damages that may cause weakness, restricted range of motion, sensory issues, and other damage
- Nerve damage, particularly to the facial nerve or brachial plexus in the shoulder
- Shoulder ailments, such as torn rotator cuffs, SLAP tears, and biceps tears
Soft tissue injuries, such as those to the neck or back, which are frequently caused by whiplash accidents, broken bones, or fractured bones, including those that need an open reduction to repair the damage done, wrongful death, and other types of personal injuries resulting from an accident are also common. The MCL, LCL, PCL, ACL, and meniscus can all be injured in the knee.
Like other instances, in a wrongful death case, our personal injury lawyers are conscious of the possibility that victims may never fully recover, and families may have to face the difficulty of attempting to live without a loved one. If victims or their survivors are pursuing a wrongful death claim, it is important to make sure they have legal representation.
At Genecarelli and Rimassa Law Firm, LLC, you will receive all the assistance and direction you require from our Lyndhurst, New Jersey, personal injury lawyers to take the appropriate actions given your circumstances. Book a free consultation today.