Common Cases of Personal Injury
At Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm, we understand that accidents can happen at any time and have a profound impact on your life. Our highly skilled legal team specializes in handling personal injury cases, fighting for the rights of our clients and ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve.
Here are some common types of personal injury cases we handle:
- Car Accidents: Whether you were injured as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian involved in a car accident, our experienced attorneys will investigate the circumstances to establish liability and pursue fair compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and suffering.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners have a responsibility to maintain safe premises. If you’ve suffered injuries due to hazardous conditions like uneven surfaces or wet floors resulting from negligence or inadequate maintenance by property owners or occupiers, our dedicated team will fight for your rights.
- Medical Malpractice: When healthcare professionals fail to provide adequate care resulting in harm or injury to patients through misdiagnosis, surgical errors, medication mistakes, or other forms of negligence; our expert lawyers will work diligently to hold them accountable for their actions.
- Dog Bites: If you’ve been bitten by someone else’s dog due to owner negligence or failure in controlling their pet properly leading to injuries requiring medical attention; we can help navigate the complexities involved with dog bite cases and seek appropriate compensation on your behalf.
- Social Security Disability Claims: We assist individuals who are unable to work due to physical or mental disabilities in navigating the complex process of filing Social Security Disability claims. Our goal is securing rightful benefits that can alleviate financial burdens caused by disability.
The Statute of Limitations in Hudson County
It is crucial to understand that personal injury claims are subject to time limitations, known as statutes of limitations. In Hudson County, New Jersey, the statute of limitations depends on the type of case and the parties involved. Here are some important considerations regarding the statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Hudson County:
- Personal Injury Claims: The general statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New Jersey is two years from the date of the incident or discovery of an injury caused by another party’s negligence. It is important to consult with a legal professional promptly to ensure your rights are protected within this timeframe.
- Suits Against Public Entities: If you intend to file a claim against a government entity or employee, such as municipalities or public schools, there may be additional notice requirements and strict deadlines ranging from 90 days to six months depending on specific circumstances. Consulting an attorney immediately is vital in these cases.
- Medical Malpractice Claims: Medical malpractice lawsuits have a different statute of limitations in New Jersey. Generally, victims have up to two years from discovering an injury due to medical negligence or within six years from when the negligent act occurred.
- Claims Involving Minors: For individuals under 18 years old at the time they suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence, different rules apply. Typically, minors have until their twentieth birthday (two years after turning eighteen) before reaching adulthood and becoming subject to standard statutes of limitation.
Frequently Asked Questions – Personal Injury
I’ve been injured due to someone else’s actions; what should I do?
If you’ve been injured due to someone else’s actions, it is crucial to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention immediately: Your health and well-being should be your top priority.
- Gather evidence: If possible, collect information about the incident, including photographs, witness statements, or any other relevant documentation.
- Contact an attorney: Consult with a skilled personal injury lawyer who can evaluate your case and guide you through the legal process while protecting your rights every step of the way.
How much compensation am I entitled to for my injuries?
The amount of compensation you may be entitled to depends on various factors specific to your case. These factors often include:
- The severity of your injuries
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Pain and suffering endured as a result of the accident
What if I’m partially at fault for my own injuries?
New Jersey follows a comparative negligence rule. This means that even if you are partially responsible for the accident causing your injuries, you may still be eligible for compensation. However, any damages awarded will be reduced by your percentage of fault as determined by a court.
I don’t have money upfront; can I still afford legal representation?
Absolutely! At Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm, we work on a contingency fee basis which means that we only get paid if we win your case. You do not need to worry about upfront costs or hourly rates when seeking our expert legal assistance in personal injury matters.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Hudson County – Advocating For You!
When facing the physical, emotional, and financial aftermath of a personal injury in Hudson County, having an experienced legal team on your side is crucial. At Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm, our dedicated personal injury attorneys are committed to fighting for justice and ensuring you receive the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose Us?
- Experience: Our team has years of experience handling various types of personal injury cases in Hudson County. We bring extensive knowledge and expertise to every case we handle.
- Dedication: We are passionate about advocating for our clients’ rights and providing personalized attention throughout the legal process. Your best interests will always be our top priority.
- Persuasive Negotiators: With a strong background in persuasive writing and marketing techniques, we excel at negotiating with insurance companies or other parties involved to secure fair settlements that cover all your damages.
No matter how complex your case may seem, our skilled attorneys have the resources needed to build a strong claim on your behalf. From gathering evidence to negotiating with insurance adjusters or litigating in court if necessary – we will be by your side every step of the way.Contact Gencarelli & Rimassa Law Firm today for a free consultation by calling (201) 549-8737! Take control of your future now!